One of the most common situation our partners encounter: “I did a Facebook post which I boosted. After that I realized there is a typo in it and now Facebook won’t let me edit it. Is there a way for me to edit it though?”
Facebook says: “You can not edit a post associated with an ad, be it active or inactive. You can only edit posts that are NOT associated with ads – active or inactive.”
You could remove the post and make a similar one, but this way you’ll lose the accumulated “Social Proof” (likes, comments and shares). Let’s find out how can you still edit the promoted post and also keep the “Social Proof”.
In the following image is a previously promoted post. Notice that it can not be edited.
Check out these 6 steps to edit it:
1. Enter Ads Manager and find the desired post
2. Deactivate all ads associated with the post
3. Associate another post for the ad
4. Publish the ad which now has a newly associated post
5. Now, the “Edit Post” button will now be shown for the post you wanted to edit in the first place
6. Reassociate the ad with the desired post (step 3) and run it again
Until next time, happy converting!
For more practical advice about Facebook Ads follow ourINOBOXFacebook page.